Happy modeling... and operations,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jul 21, 2010, at 6:48 PM, Mark Morgan wrote:

Work great. I have a layout at home. Put a sergent on the rear FTb and another on a RibSide Milwaukee boxcar. The Boxcar had a #58 on the other end. Ran this set for around a month. Went to change engines and forgot about the Sergent. No problems and hope to replace all with these. They look and act like the real thing.

Mark Morgan

--- On Wed, 7/21/10, Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...> wrote:

From: Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] model car weight
To: STMFC@...
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 7:30 PM

Mark,

May I ask how the use of Sargent couplers is working out for your operating sessions?

Fred Freitas

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 5:48 PM

One party, NMRA member, told us the original weight requirements were put in place for the early trucks. Guy models the B&O in the fifties. He had quite a few articles in Railroad Model Journal.

I usually use two large nuts per boxcar. Leave one truck loose and keep the other tighter.

Prefer the semiscale wheels and sergent couplers.

Mark Morgan

From: "Pierre" <pierre.oliver@...>

Sender: STMFC@...

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:38:06

To: <STMFC@...>

Subject: [STMFC] model car weight

With the growing use of semi-scale wheel sets and their improved rolling characteristics, has anyone done any research or have an opinion on the suggested weight of model freight cars?

I thought I had heard one opinion that the the NMRA RP for car weight are somewhat heavy for today's better rolling models.

Thanks,

Pierre Oliver