Re: model car weight

reporterllc

I have always weighted my cars to NMRA specs. They have been very reliable. I would think that it would be better to err on the side of being heavier than lighter. I think the heavier weight of the metal wheels tracks better than plastic too.

As to the Sergents, I would switch in a heartbeast but like some, I have just a few locations that are out of reach, so I need some sort of automatic coupler. The Kadee 58's are working fine and plastic automatic couplers are bad news in my book as I have had many fail.

Victor Baird
Fort Wayne, Indiana