From: Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@virginia.edu>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 12:22:02 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Milwaukee convention report

Tony,

Could it be they just left their vests at home because they thought it
was too hot in Milwaukee?

Kind regards,

Garth Groff

Anthony Thompson wrote:
An amazing observation was made at the Milwaukee NMRA
convention last week. Only a single individual wearing the traditional
"vest" with a patch collection was spotted. Either the fun poked at
vesties has caused them to retire those garments, or maybe the older
crowd which favored them has passed on. But the days when masses of
NMRA members were synonymous with vest wearing appear to have passed.

Publishers of books on railroad history