From: Peter Ness <prness@roadrunner.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, July 22, 2010 8:31:15 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: SHPX 13141

Hi Chuck,

OK, now I'm getting a creepy feeling. I grew up in MA in a town served
by the New Haven which I model. Now I live in OH two towns away from
Painesville and Fairport Harbor - and commute to work through
Painesville 5 days a week.

I know historically this part of OH was "the Western Reserve" since it
was part of CT for a while, but the Naugatuck Chemical connection is
just plain eerie (not Erie, which is about 50 miles East).

Thanks for the information!

Regards,

Peter Ness

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, RUTLANDRS@... wrote:

Peter,
The Naugatuck Chemical Company also had a large plant in Painesville,
Ohio on the Fairport, Painesville and Eastern (FP&E). In the 50's all
recall were black tank cars with no logo.
Chuck Hladik
Rutland Railroad
Virginia Division