From: Steve Sandifer <steve.sandifer@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: National Perishable Freight Committee
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 10:23 PM

I have posted in the Member's Only section of the Santa Fe Society website a pdf copy of SFRD Circular No. 2-J, Rules and Regulations Governing the Handling of Perishable Freight, December 15, 1941. The first few pages are ATSF specific. The vast majority of the publication is Circular 20-B of the National Perishable Freight Committee and applies to virtually all railroads. It totals 135 pages and is all about ice reefers, this is prior to mechanical reefers.

Since some of you are not ATSF society members, I am also posting it temporarily at www.ssandifer.com/SFRD2-J.pdf. If you want it, download it - 7MB of it. I don't plan on leaving it on my website as it takes up too much space. If the STMFC site would like to host it, you have my permission to capture it and post it.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer

mailto:steve.sandifer@...