Re: Raised panel roof replacements

Ken O'Brien

Gentlemen, thank you for your inputs. The LNE series that Speedwitch does is the 8201-8500 panel end cars. The railroad put raised, diagonal panel roofs on these cars in the late 1940's. I have one of these very nice models. Can't wait to pitch in to this one.

The series I want to replicate is the 8501-8750 cars with Dreadnaught ends and Standard Improved (raised panel?) roofs, purchased in 1934. These bodies were the ARA pattern, which I understand Red Caboose still does as an undec kit. I see this kit comes with a flat panel roof, so I want to get some replacement raised non-diagonal panel roofs. Are they made by somebody and can I get a couple?

Ken O'Brien