Re: Raised panel roof replacement

Tim O'Connor

The LNE 8001-8500 series used the 1923 ARA side pattern. Red Caboose
did these correctly as unmodified cars. Later Red Caboose released
"patched" cars in black LNE billboard paint, but the patched RC body
uses the X29 side pattern so it is incorrect for LNE 8001-8500.

According to a Greg Bartek email of 11/12/2005 (RPM-Forum] not all of
the flat-roof cars received replacement roofs. But I haven't seen any
photos of flat-roof cars in the 1950's, yet.

Tim O'Connor

You are correct Tom. I have too many models in my head. Regardless the correct roof
is available with Speedwitch's kit. I am not sure if LNE used the X29 or "1923" style
of body but I am sure the Speedwitch kit has the correct part.

The MEC kit comes with a choice of roofs.

Bill Welch