Re: Raised panel roof replacements

Clark Propst

Ken, Red Caboose does/did sell their roofs separately. So, order some when you order the kit. I believe Detail West still makes a square corner 4/4 DE that should come close to fitting on the RC body.

Gentleman, Start your chainsaws ! It's time to whack and hack !!
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kobrien1600@...> wrote:

The series I want to replicate is the 8501-8750 cars with Dreadnaught ends and Standard Improved (raised panel?) roofs, purchased in 1934. These bodies were the ARA pattern, which I understand Red Caboose still does as an undec kit. I see this kit comes with a flat panel roof, so I want to get some replacement raised non-diagonal panel roofs. Are they made by somebody and can I get a couple?

Ken O'Brien