From: "Pierre" <pierre.oliver@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 4:21:47 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: CA and brass

Yes I know solder is a bit of a no brainer, but for one project I have very thick brass sides and have to add many very delicate details. I'm afraid of overheating the base or melting away the details. My practice sessions to date have not been very successful.
Experiments continue.
Pierre

--- In STMFC@... , Anthony Thompson <thompson@> wrote:

Pierre Oliver wrote:
I'm having an issue bonding brass to brass using CA. The adhesive
peels off of the brass very easily.
I've roughed up the mating surfaces some, I've made sure the brass
is clean. All the usual stuff.
I had a Bethlehem Car works coach turn into a kit again while
traversing the mails with all the glue joints failing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Um, solder? Works great.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@
Publishers of books on railroad history