Re: How thick is 0.040 styrene?

Steve Haas

"But the sample of Evergreen #9040 0.040" styrene I have measures 0.042"
thick. Is it just my sample? Is yours the same? If it's consistent, then
I can just re-draw at 0.042"; if it's a wide range, then I'll have to adjust
accordingly."

Jeff,

Just checked a several year old piece of .Evergreen .040 that I've got here.
My instrumentation isn't as accurate as it should be for a discussion like
this, but by eyeball on the calipers it would appear to be close to the
aforementioned .042. Wouldn't use my measurements as a standalone, but they
may serve to support the measurements of others.

Best,

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA