Re: Interesting set of STM-era photos

Schuyler Larrabee

Al Brown wrote:
A few days ago we discussed colors in a Jack Delano freight-yard
photo, as they might be applied to STMFC modelling. This group of
photos also has some Delano pictures of non-railroad subjects; what
do y'all think of the colors in those? (I wish I could ask my late
dad, who remembered that time.)
Reminds me of the theory that before 1935 or so, the world
actually was NOT in color, but in B&W. That's what all the evidence
shows, anyway.

Tony Thompson

Where is Larry Jackman now that we need him? IIRC, he had a job painting
trains into color from B&W in the late 30s.

SGL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======