Re: How thick is 0.040 styrene?

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Aley, Jeff A" <Jeff.A.Aley@...> wrote:
Never mind; it turns out that it was my (relatively inexpensive dial) calipers, and/or the moron using them.

A mechanical engineer here at work re-measured the sheets using a high-quality set of digital calipers, and they are 0.0405".
Jeff, don't be so hard on yourself. An equally challenged plant employee use and equally inexpensive instrument to set the machine which made the sheet.

I'll bet that there's some differences in thickness from batch to batch.

I worked in a factory that made .060 nominal floor tiles.

Is there any guarantee that the styrene exactly be the nominal? Do most users care?