Re: Atlas 11,000 Gallon LPG Tankcar

Tim O'Connor

Glad to help. IOW Foobie = noun, Foobar = adjective, Foo = verb

:-)

At 8/15/2010 01:09 PM Sunday, you wrote:
Thanks, guys. My understanding is much better now.
Richard New

--- On Sun, 8/15/10, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Atlas 11,000 Gallon LPG Tankcar
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 1:01 PM

I believe the etymology of the American "foo" begins with World War II's
FUBAR (f***** up beyond all repair). There are now many derivations most
of them using the changed spelling "foo" which is appropriate since a word
that describes something so fouled up should itself be an example.

Tim O'Connor

I'm new to the group. Could the term "foobies" be defined? Is this word consistent with "foolish," "fooled you," and other similar constructs?
Thanks,
Richard New