new scam

Al and Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

There appears to be a new scam hitting small businesses. We got an inquiry supposedly from New Zealand about whether we accept credit cards for orders. Not unusual. When I replied yes and order came back for over $1,000 of only three different and unrelated kits except they were new. There were misspellings in the text both times. Being suspicious I told the person that we would start on the order after receiving money through PayPal, thereby insuring both of us against bad faith. No reply.

However, the other day we received another inquiry about buying coffins from us. We explained that we make a model of a coffin pickle car. A reply came back asking to purchase some of those......... - Al