Re: Reefer Traffic on the Pennsy

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

I have (courtesy of Tony Thompson) a couple of yard shots of the PRR yard
adjacent to the Pittsburgh produce terminal ca. 1947 showing a sea of
reefers, many of them easily identifiable, and I can send them to you as
JPEGs if you think they might be helpful.
Two great photos published in Railmodel Journal, Aug 1990. Mr. Hendrickson
identifies 45 of the cars in the 1941 photo. Same shot also in Great Yellow
Fleet. Other photo is from 1951, and my notes say 22 cars are identifiable.

I miss those "cars in the yard (or consist)" photo articles. Great stuff!

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts