ERIE single-sheathed box cars

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

Looking at the equipment diagram for ERIE box cars 71800-71999 (renumbered from 92500-92699 in 1936 & 1937) these cars seem to have started life in 1919 as USRA single-sheathed box cars which were upgraded with AB brakes in 1936 and 1937.

Apparently they were also given steel sides in place of the original wood sides. Can someone tell me when?

Would either Tichy 4028 or 4032 be the best jumping off point to model this car?

My stash of decals includes nothing for the ERIE. Couldn't find anything suitable on Microscale's site. Is the Champ HN-63 the closest decal or have I missed something somewhere?

Gene Green