From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Anthony Thompson
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:26 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Atlas 11,000 Gallon LPG Tankcar

Tom Olsen wrote:
Atlas is releasing new paint schemes for their 11,000 Gallon LPG
Tank Car. Here is the write-up about the cars that appeared in the
Model Railroad Hobbyist Newsletter for August 2010:

Atlas said the Columbia Southern and Solvay schemes are
prototypically correct for smaller tank cars of similar design.
Just how prototypical are these paint schemes for this model and if
correct, then when were they used? Are these tank cars the same as
those LPG tank cars released earlier or are these cars new tooling?
Tom, what part of the Atlas statement confused you? They are
"real" paint schemes but NOT for this car body. And since they've had
an 11,000-gallon tank car for some time in HO scale, I'm pretty
certain this is that same tooling.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...<mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history