Re: Pictures of Tools

Aley, Jeff A


If you scroll down in the Wikipedia article, there are several photos of the mold for LEGO bricks. They're not trains, but at least they're something of a similar size.

What I don't fully understand is the concept of "slides" in a mold.



From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of lnbill
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:09 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Pictures of Tools

Thank you Tim, this is sort of what I have in mind. I am realizing I need to be more specific. What I would love to see out pure curiosity is a picture of the cavity in a tool or mold into which the styrene is injected. Ideally it would be a RR subject or something similarly recognizable and not for example a tail light or bottle cap.

Bill Welch, who may be sorry he posted the request.

--- In STMFC@...<>, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

What I was requesting was photos of the tool(s) used to create plastic kits as I have never seen one.
Bill Welch
Not railroad molds, but I think some of them might be like this

Interesting info and pictures here

The Branchline mold I saw had lots of holes on the smooth backside,
for the ejector pins and fluid injection.

Tim O'Connor

Join to automatically receive all group messages.