Re: Yemassee Junction photos was Fruit Growers reefer

Bill Welch

I have a "Pirate Models" kit of an even earlier Mack bus and similarly am frustrated by the lack of Greyhound decals. Maybe this is something Microscale could be influenced to offer.

The Life photographer for these was one of their most famous who also helped pioneer the use of the 35mm camera in photojournalism.

To show our respects to this era, maybe we could all agree to wear jodhpurs to future prototype gatherings. This would be a very sharp look when combined w/Hawaiian shirts.

Risking Jail!

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

On Aug 27, 2010, at 6:35 AM, soolinehistory wrote:

Did anyone notice, that when some clumsy guy reached over this
layout, he knocked the roof of the water tank askew?

<http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=Yemassee+Junction
+source:life&prev=/images%3Fq%3DYemassee%2BJunction%2Bsource:life%
26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1016%26bih%3D579%26tbs%3Disch:
1&imgurl=44b151c4daa9416b>

Dennis
Folks,

I LOVE that bus, and the uniformed driver in his boots and jodhpurs!
The bus is (or was) available in resin in HO, but sadly, I'm not
aware of any decals. I have one that I want to paint like this and
use as a flat car load.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith