Re: Norwest Scale Models

Bill Welch

I used the Microscale decals for my two NP reefers. One set did both cars. Photos are on the Steam Era Freight Car website.

One problem with the castings I received was the one of the door hinges was "buggered" up. It looked like this was inherent in the masters. The hinges did not match anything I recognized, so I removed all of them and replaced them with Grandt Line parts.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

Decals for most Norwest kits are available from Al Ferguson at Black Cat,
www.greatdecals.com/BlackCat.htm

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Jon Miller <atsf@...> wrote:

On 9/2/2010 11:59 AM, Jim Hayes wrote:
There is a slim possibility of the NP reefer kit being adopted by
Speedwitch.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com
I have (built) one of the CP? /NYC? reefers* that had a very
colorful color scheme for my era. The problem is no decals and the only
picture is a B&W with guesses as to the color. It would be good if Ted
got this kit also.

* Don't have all the data with me at the moment.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941