Re: rivet decals

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

John,

Your idea about the whole car decals is interesting, though not new.
CarLine used to offer specialty lettering on Athearn and other plastic
cars. The fellow who last owned the business told me many of his decals
were special whole-side pieces (or maybe two pieces) which eliminated
the decal film look and were very easy to apply--no cutting. CarLine was
a class act for its time, and the several models I owned looked very
good by the standards of those days.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

John Nehrich wrote:

... I've been using full surface decals for most of our buildings so being
able to decal a big sheet is not at all difficult. My project someday is do
whole car sides to capture the subtle effects of weathering, starting with
real photos of cars. The hardest thing is finding good period color photos
(not from a printed source like a book as you pick up the dot pattern). -
John