From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, September 4, 2010 12:27:18 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Lehigh Valley 41000 series hopper

Didn't these cars require "dimples" on the underside to
clear the wheels/truck-swing? Maybe the train line was run
down the center line of the car to avoid interference?

Tim O'Connor

Yungkurth, "Steam Era of Lehigh Valley", p 58, shows the left sides
of LV 41254 (composite quad) and 41185 (steel-sided quad); the train
pipe isn't visible in either.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.