Re: [CDN-frt-cars-n-ops] CN Fowler cars - X Braced frame doors

Frank Valoczy <destron@...>

I'm not at home right now so I can't check to verify, but I *think* the
Pacific Great Eastern's Fowler stock cars also had the X doors. I'll check
as soon as I'm able, but I would agree that TLT would do best by going
with the X-framed door.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

Rob Kirkham wrote:

Hi Peter,
Looking through every photo of CNR stock cars I have, I find your
descriptions are correct.

Of the 5' door cars, all are of the Intercolonial and related fleets that
were essentially CPR knock off designs, with unequally angled diagonal
bracing. And all of the cars I have photos for had the X style door.
These
photos were all taken in later steam era/transition years.

For the 6 foot door cars I have photos of (same vintage), all had the X
style door.

I can't imagine these were distributed geographically. I think TLT would
be
safe using this design for their CNR style stock cars.

Rob Kirkham