From: tmolsen@UDel.Edu
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:06 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Discontinuance of Kadee #58 Semi-Scale Couplers

Thanks for the information on the conversions and updates to the coupler line.

What Kadee scale coupler and box would you recommend for the back of the Oriental (Brass) F3/F7/FP7's. These units were designed to be drawbarred as the gearbox case on the rear truck sticks out almost to the rear frame. Makes it tough to mount a coupler box which won't shift sideways when coupling to freight cars or anything else. With a draft of cars, it is always fun to try to back up the train when making a setoff.

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292