Re: What do you guys use to drill holes in plastic and Resin?

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Pierre, another gent on this list, and myself all use the cordless Dremel for drilling these holes in resin. I've found it useful for a variety of tasks.

Besides, it's a little far to the drill press in the shed during a Canadian winter peak model-building season!

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "Pierre" <pierre.oliver@...> wrote:

Doug,
I've been using a cordless Dremel tool for years now for drilling holes in resin and plastic.
Basically I stopped breaking bits once I started using the tool. Dremel sells a small 3 jaw chuck that will hold a #80 which you can attach in lieu of a collet.
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com

--- In STMFC@..., "dakkinder" <dakkinder@> wrote:

I have had some set backs with plastic and resin kits drilling holes for grabs and such i either brake the bit or it gets broken off in the model.
Do you have any tips on how to do this?
I'm using a pin vise.

Doug Kinder