Re: BLI NYC all-steel box cars - photos posted

Bill Welch

I would hope no grain will be loaded in these as there is daylight around the doors perimeter making papering difficult. Also whoever opened the door was very strong as they ripped the body part of the locking hardware right off the side of the car.

The only notable positive thing I see is the little triangular stencil, unavailable in any decal set.

This is great example of why I prefer undecorated models, as there is some much clunky material to remove and replace and I am just colour blind enough that matching paint for me is a lost cause.

There goes the triangular stencil I guess.

I hope BLI is running these past someone before they go into production!

Maybe the trucks are okay.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Eric" <eric@...> wrote:

Bill,

I believe it is often called "detail", but I don't think I've seen anything quite like it.

The running board lateral looks like it is defying gravity. In this proto image, it seems the lateral is supported closer to the edge of the roof.
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/images/p&e-3609.jpg

In BLI images 3 & 4, it seems the door is slightly smaller than the opening.

Are these on hobby shop shelves?

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Modeling the Railroads of Newburgh, Ohio, circa 1926:
http://designbuildop.hansmanns.org/

--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@> wrote:

What is the strange growth on the latitudinal running board in the last photo?

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "pwkrueger" <kruegerp@> wrote:

BLI put eight photos of one of these cars on their web site this week. Here is a link to the first photo in the gallery:
http://www.broadway-limited.com/images/view.aspx?productId=2332

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA