Re: NC&StL (was GN) Flat Cars

Tim O'Connor

Frank, that's a good rule, but you can't ignore the exceptions. SP's
G-70-8 "G31b" gondolas (Tangent model) were delivered in BLACK, for
example. :-) And Southern was a road that had both black and red open
cars together for a while (and later continued the practice). Photos
are really indispensible IMO.

Tim O'Connor

I'm going with freight car red for the color of NC&StL flat cars. About 25-30 years ago Richard told me that railroads generally paint their open tops the same. Since the N&C painted their hoppers and gons FCR that is what I am gonna paint the flats. FHP (Frank H. Peacock)