From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: NC&StL (was GN) Flat Cars
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 6:47 PM

On Sep 13, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Ben Hom wrote
A builder's photo of NC&StL 70229 was published in the 1928 and 1931
issues of the Car Builders Cyclopedia.
... and that photo makes the car appear to be painted black.
Later photos from the 1950's appear to be oxide red.

That's my conclusion, too, since I've never found either a color

photo or NC&StL color documentation. FWIW, I painted my model

mineral red.

Richard Hendrickson