Re: bracket grab irons

Tim O'Connor

Paul

You mean the side sill steps, centered under the doors? Wow, I
could use about 50 of those. I build mine with (unprototypical)
braces to make them a bit less likely to get broken.

Tim O'

Bill,

It was I who was trying to get Overland to do a bulk run of the frieght car grabs a couple of years ago. It went nowhere, they would not even give me the time of day. I do have a casting shop that might be able to do what Terry did if I had a little more detail. I had them cast the IM R-40-23 center sill steps in brass and they came out nice.

Paul Lyons