From: Claus Schlund (HGM) <claus@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Fri, September 17, 2010 2:37:30 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: D&H composite Seley hoppers

Hi,

Some time back, I asked about D&H composite Seley hoppers on this list.

My N scale models are now complete, weathered and all.

See URL below.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4999321804_5ff0eb8ddc_b.jpg

Keep in mind this is N scale, but the image size on your monitor might easily
exceed that of HO!

The top car is my paint, and CDS dry-transfer lettering, which did not come out
exactly perfectly, but that is OK since the
lettering probably didn't remain perfect on the real-life cars for very long!

The bottom car is the (likely not prototypically correct) factory lettering and
paint.

Both cars got some simply upgrades - new brakewheels, new stirrups, new trucks,
body mounted couplers and such. For what I had in
mind, I'm happy with the way they came out and they show there is hope for stuff
made in N scale back in the "bad old days".

Thanks everyone for all the useful help along the way!

- Claus Schlund at Hell Gate Models