Re: F&C NYC Despatch Covered Hopper

proto48er

Steve -

Do you have anything resembling a plan for the earlier cars in Lots 671-H and 680-H? I have the NYC freight car diagrams for each, but only have an erection drawing from the 1953 CBC for the later Lot 747-H. The drawing on p. 288 of the 1941 CBC depicts an Enterprise covered hopper that is sort of "halfway between" the dimensions of the two series of cars, even though a photo of NYC #880500, first car in the earlier series, appears in an Enterprise advertisement on the next page.

Alternatively, do you have a photo clearly showing the roof details for the earlier cars?

The kits in "O" scale have decals in them, but I have not examined them closely for accuracy yet.

Thanks!

A.T. Kott

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve Hoxie" <stevehprr@...> wrote:

Gents--We have been having an interesting offlist discussion about these cars, but for me an important question remains unresolved. What color were they? From b&w photos on the CASO site, it seems before the war they were gray, and sometime in the 50's they were a dark color. When was the change? Would any cars in the 50's still be gray? Is the dark color freight car red or black?

Thanks!

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL