Re: F&C NYC Despatch Covered Hopper

proto48er

Steve -

Do you have anything resembling a plan for the earlier cars in Lots 671-H and 680-H? I have the NYC freight car diagrams for each, but only have an erection drawing from the 1953 CBC for the later Lot 747-H. The drawing on p. 288 of the 1941 CBC depicts an Enterprise covered hopper that is sort of "halfway between" the dimensions of the two series of cars, even though a photo of NYC #880500, first car in the earlier series, appears in an Enterprise advertisement on the next page.

Alternatively, do you have a photo clearly showing the roof details for the earlier cars?

The kits in "O" scale have decals in them, but I have not examined them closely for accuracy yet.

Thanks!

A.T. Kott

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve Hoxie" <stevehprr@...> wrote:

Gents--We have been having an interesting offlist discussion about these cars, but for me an important question remains unresolved. What color were they? From b&w photos on the CASO site, it seems before the war they were gray, and sometime in the 50's they were a dark color. When was the change? Would any cars in the 50's still be gray? Is the dark color freight car red or black?

Thanks!

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.