Re: D&H composite Seley hoppers

Donald B. Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., "Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;)" <claus@...> wrote:

Hi,

Some time back, I asked about D&H composite Seley hoppers on this list.

My N scale models are now complete, weathered and all.

See URL below.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4999321804_5ff0eb8ddc_b.jpg

Keep in mind this is N scale, but the image size on your monitor might easily exceed that of HO!

The top car is my paint, and CDS dry-transfer lettering, which did not come out exactly perfectly, but that is OK since the
lettering probably didn't remain perfect on the real-life cars for very long!

The bottom car is the (likely not prototypically correct) factory lettering and paint.

Both cars got some simply upgrades - new brakewheels, new stirrups, new trucks, body mounted couplers and such. For what I had in
mind, I'm happy with the way they came out and they show there is hope for stuff made in N scale back in the "bad old days".

Thanks everyone for all the useful help along the way!

- Claus Schlund at Hell Gate Models

Cannot help but wonder how much shoveling was required to clear a hopper with such a shallow slope to the slope sheet. But what I'm really interested in is whether or not there are cars or kits of the car you have used in N scale in HO scale. I am aware of the brass version, and own a couple, as well as the F&C kits but am wondering what else might be out there.

Thanks for any info, Don Valentine