Re: PRR/N&W H30a Covered Hoppers

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

And done some very, very, nice work on it--even if the prototype is outside the purview of STMFC.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "cf5250" <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Tom

Evidently, someone has finished a Railshop H30! :-)

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/hdpchopper.jpg

Tim O'Connor

--- In STMFC@..., "haagtk" <haagtk@> wrote:

Good luck on the kit. I purchased one and I also got the basic shell done......then gave up. I had problems trying to get the brake to sit in properly and I was not sure exactly how the ladder cage assembly would fit correctly. I think I gave up when I realized the final product would not be worth the aggrevation of the rest of the assembly. I have not been that fustrated since trying to assemble the F&C version of this car....which succumbed to the "stomp" factor.

I am not new to resin kits and have assembled a number of Rail Yard Model kits.

Curious if anyone else out there have actually finished one of these Railshop H30 covered hoppers?

-Tom Haag