From: Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: PRR/N&W H30a Covered Hoppers
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 12:34 PM

And done some very, very, nice work on it--even if the prototype is outside the purview of STMFC.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "cf5250" <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Tom
Evidently, someone has finished a Railshop H30! :-)
http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/hdpchopper.jpg
Tim O'Connor
--- In STMFC@..., "haagtk" <haagtk@> wrote:
Good luck on the kit. I purchased one and I also got the basic shell done......then gave up. I had problems trying to get the brake to sit in properly and I was not sure exactly how the ladder cage assembly would fit correctly. I think I gave up when I realized the final product would not be worth the aggrevation of the rest of the assembly. I have not been that fustrated since trying to assemble the F&C version of this car....which succumbed to the "stomp" factor.
I am not new to resin kits and have assembled a number of Rail Yard Model kits.
Curious if anyone else out there have actually finished one of these Railshop H30 covered hoppers?
-Tom Haag