Re: Accurail single-sheathed box cars and SL-SF single-sheathed box cars

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

Rich,
You have confirmed my impression. Thanks.
Gene Green

--- In STMFC@..., cinderandeight@... wrote:

Gene,
The earliest ad for Union Metal Products dreadnaught ends that I have
seen appeared in the March 31 1928 issue of Railway Age on page 32 of the
advertisement section. Perhaps a slightly earlier ad appeared, but I
haven't seen it. Ads for UMP in 1927 all featured various corrugated drop doors
for gondolas, and hoppers. These early dreadnaught ends were of a 3-3-3
configuration.
Rich Burg