Re: NC&StL Box Car and other cars Lettering

Bob McCarthy

Howdy!

    Not speaking as a manufacturer but a producer of custom decals for individuals and would like to comment on producing decals.

    When we are asked to produce a decal set, we request stencil diagrams if they are available.  Next we can use sharp images with the known size.  We then have the customer proof the decal art before we print anything for him.

    We are only as good as information provided.

     When color is involved, the customer has to approve the color used based upon images or color chips if available. We took almost ten months of going back and forth to assure
accuracy.  The NC&StL Historic Society was involved as well.

     We do this research on every decal we  produce.  It is based upon our need for accuracy not making a profit  As a modeler I really like accurate lettering on anything I build. One thing led to another.

Thanks,

Bob McCarthy
THE SUPPLY CAR, LLC