From: "goldrod_1" <goldrod_1@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:30:54 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Great Northern flat car

At the following URL a photo of two Great Northern flat cars is shown. I know the photo was taken in 1969 nine years after this groups cut-off date but the two cars look to be 40' flats from sometime earlier than 1960. The two cars look as if they are being used as single car, notice the name "Great Northern" is only on the closest car and a car number is on the second car. My question is: Were these cars used this way before the 1960's? And what were they used for? Thanks for any help.
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/gn/gn64531ajs.jpg
Michael Bishop