Re: Air brush suggestions...

dakkinder

OOPS! i didn't read the post i thought it was one of those what Airbrush should i buy posts.
Jack,
Mix the paint in a separate jar and take a glass eyedropper to dispense it into your color cup.
Doug Kinder (Sorry i Shouted :) )

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Um Doug,

Jack say that he has an Iwata in the first paragraph... and that's
why he's asking these questions (and no need to shout).

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Sep 30, 2010, at 7:24 AM, dakkinder wrote:

BUY AN IWATA !
Doug Kinder

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Burgess" <jack@> wrote:

I am in need of some suggestions. No, not what airbrush to buy (I
already
have a couple) but how to add paint to a new one. After probably
40 years of
using double-action, bottom-feed (bottle-type) Badger airbrushes,
I bought
an Iwata gravity-feed cup HP-C Plus airbrush at the Milwaukee NMRA
Convention. My question is on how to get paint into the gravity-
feed cup on
this new airbrush.

With the Badger bottom-feed air brushes, I'd mix the paint in one
of several
glass bottles, put on the lid, and attach it to the airbrush. But
with the
new gravity-feed airbrush, I need an easy, logical way to mix the
paint and
"pour" it into the airbrush cup without making a mess. Once I'm
done, I need
an easy way to add solvent to the airbrush cup to clean things up.

The instructions (which are in Japanese with poor translations)
show adding
"stuff" to the airbrush cup using a plastic squeeze bottle with a
inverted
"U" shaped spout. However, I use solvent-based Floquil paint nearly
exclusively so plastic containers seem questionable. (No, I'm not
going to
change to water-based paints.)

So, others who have used gravity-feed airbrushes with solvent-based
paints...

What do you use to mix paints that is easy to clean afterward?
Do you have any tricks for pouring the mixed paint into the
airbrush cup
without spilling?
Likewise, any special tricks to pouring solvent into the airbrush cup
without spilling?

Jack Burgess
Newark, CA