From: Denny Anspach danspach@...
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:49:28 -0500
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Finis

My last order from Champ arrived today, promptly, and with minimal shipping
costs (no "handling" fees, or 1/4 oz. items shipped in large Priority Mail
boxes).

I just checked the Champ Decals web site, and today they closed their
doors for good, apparently with a fair inventory still in hand I have
some decals, or at least their envelopes from the days 50+ years ago when
they were in Cleveland, and then San Jose (Max Gray). I regret seeing a
company that has served us so well and so long, just disappear. For those
dwindling number of us who continue to paint and detail steam locomotives,
it is especially sad inasmuch as no one has yet stepped in to fill this
very narrow, but essential modeling market.

Denny

-
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento