Re: Tank Cars to Transport Molasses

rwitt_2000

"wabash2813" Victor Baird wrote:

Now all I need to do is figure out a likely origin for my molasses.
Sugar beets manufactured in the Midwest?

"Jeff Wilson's Industries Along the Tracks 3" shows a 1959 map of
sugar beet manufacturing facilities in the U.S.
Victor,

Buy the October 2010 issue of RMC that contains a 10-page article by
Richard Wehr on a sugar beet processing plant in Mason City, Iowa. There
a processing flow chart showing molasses as one of the by-products that
was mostly used for animal feed.

To Bill Welch there are some FGE reefers in the background in a photo of
a truck dumper on page 61 of the above article.

Bob Witt