Re: Tank Cars to Transport Molasses

pullmanboss <tcmadden@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Plenty of sugar cane in Louisiana and eastern Texas too.

Another source of molasses is wood fiber -- there was an article
some while back of molasses production at a fibre-board mill in Duluth.
My not-so-reliable memory tells me that back in the '60s there was an RMC article by E. L. Moore on building a molasses mine. Carstens published article after article by Moore, almost all of them for funky little buildings, many of them (like the molasses mine) tongue-in-cheek. So I suppose if you want to continue in that vein :-), you could ship it in hoppers.

Tom Madden