Re: Advice for RPM Naperville

charles slater

Matt, in July I flew from Bakersfield, Ca. (small airport) to Denver for the Santa Fe Modelers annual convention and took along four powered engines and several freight cars all in my cary on bag and had NO trouble at either airpoart. In Bakersfield they scanned my bag and I told the TSA people I had model trains in it and they said they could see that on the screen.
Leaving Denver the TSA people told me I had model trains in my bag and exactly what they were. He said he sees four engines and several freight cars. I asked him how many ribbons he saw in there and he said four, which was correct. They turned the monitor so I could see what was on it and you could see everything in the bag, I think you could almost read the lettering on the cars. He even asked me if I had gone to Caboose Hobbies while I was in town. Just make sure you don't have more than 6 oz. of liquid in the bag and have it in a zip lock bag, and take it out for inspection.
At did not need to unpack anything at either airport. Their equiptment is much better now than it was several years ago when I flew last.
Charlie Slater
Bakersfield. Ca.

To: STMFC@...
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 05:23:53 +0000
Subject: [STMFC] Advice for RPM Naperville

All,

This will be the first time I may bring something to display...

I am seeking recommendations for transporting models on the plane...

How do you pack them, (carefully, I know) so they don't get damaged???

Has anyone had a issues with security??? They have lead weights in them and I am concerned the TSA may be difficult when screening them...

Thanks,

Matt Sugerman,
Ft Worth, TX

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.