Re: Running crap

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jack Burgess wrote:
If I know an operator is a detail-oriented scratchbuilder, I will relax the restrictions on them but I need to personally know that. (Darnaby can rerail all the cars he needs.)
I always thought this was a good guideline: don't touch it unless YOU are a scratchbuilder.
I greatly agree with Clark Propst about near-coupler details, air hoses and cut levers. They just seem to fly off the models on an operating layout. I haven't operated my current equipment that much, but I've pretty much stopped putting on cut levers so I'll be ready when the time comes <g>.

Publishers of books on railroad history