From: switchengines <jrs060@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: cotton seed oil (was Tank Cars to Transport Molasses)
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 11:47 AM

Norm, I would love to help you with a photo, but I can not. In all my years

of tracking down interesting photos of freight equipment I have never run

across a picture of any of the SCOX cars. What we can probably surmise

from the ORER listings is that they appear to be yet another car fleet

operator that purchased most of their cars on the used market. The listing

only gives us rated general gallonage capacities for the cars (not actual

gallonages), and is a hodgepodge of different weight capacities (axel

ratings), so it's not of too much help. Even if you did get lucky and find a

photo of a car it is not going to tell you much about what the total fleet

looked like as it's probably made up of many different car builders tank

car types.

Yet another tank car fleet mystery, Happiness, Jerry Stewart

Woodstock, Illinois

--- In STMFC@..., Norm Buckhart <norm@...> wrote:

Jerry - would you know of any photo sources for the SCOX tank cars?
Norm Buckhart
On Oct 2, 2010, at 6:08 PM, switchengines wrote:
Tim, let me add something to this reposted messages. Richard has
forgot
the largest of the cotton oil tank car owners, Sco Tank Line
(Southern Cotton
Oil Company) of New Orleans, Louisiana, SCOX. They rostered 386 tank
cars
in cotton oil service in the January 1945 ORER.
Happiness, Jerry Stewart
It's Autumn in Woodstock, Illinois