Re: Railroad History

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Tony writes-

My personal favorites are books giving the FLAVOR of railroading
and railroad work in the era I model, and in that area, I
always mention Ralph Fisher's _Vanishing Markers_....

Tony, I always knew that you had good taste.

Fisher's VANISHING MARKERS is also a great favorite of mine, and I
have read and re-read this stellar book a number of times over the
years for just simple enjoyment. Most notably, I took this book on
a visit to Rangiroa Atoll in the French S. Pacific in 1981, where it
served admirably as a delightful beach-read in the shade of the
coconut palms.

Denny

Sacramento