From: wabash2813 <reporterllc@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 3:46 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Stock Cars Converted From Box Cars

I know the B&O and the Wabash did it. The B&O covered M26 box cars and the Wabash convered single sheath wood cars. Perhaps the PRR and who else did this? I suppose unlike western railrods, eastern roads did not warrant capital expenditures on new cars for this dwindling traffic? Or, did some western roads convert cars too?

Victor Baird
Fort Wayne, Indiana