From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Anthony Thompson
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 1:23 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Iwata Airbrushes on Scottymason.com

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
. . . I'd done all my modeling with a Binks Wren, and still do.
Never saw a need for a double action brush, but then that may be my
failing, not seeking one out to try.
I do have a double action brush, a Badger "Crescendo" model No.
175-7, which I bought at a yard sale in original packing for, IIRC,
$15.00. I've never opened it.
I'll confess, now that Schuyler's broken the ice, that I do the vast majority
of my airbrushing with an old Badger single action brush, which works fine
for almost everything. I do have a fine Thayer & Chandler double-action
brush, but don't often fire it up, partly because I'm not so confident with
it, partly because it's more trouble to clean, and partly because I don't
often need all that control.

<mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history