Re: Branchline Blueprint 40 ft postwar AAR boxcar

Tim O'Connor

Ed

Oops, nevermind, I was thinking of P&LE 20000-20999 lot 800-B built
a year after 5000-5999.

By the way, CDS set #458 is exactly right for P&LE 5000-5999.
http://www.canadasouthern.com/tmr/images/cds-458.jpg

I also vote for the Serves the Steel Centers repaints! That scheme
was applied as well to 1937 AAR box cars.

Tim O'Connor

I didn't think that Branchline made a 40 ft overhanging diagonal panel

(ZU eave) roof. Did they? Jeff English once commented that this group of
P&LE cars were the first box cars on the NYC system with ODP roofs.

Tim O'Connor

Was the Branchline Blueprint 40 ft postwar AAR boxcar produced
lettered for P&LE?

Does anyone have a photo of a Branchline Blueprint 40 ft, 6 ft door,
postwar AAR boxcar, lettered for P&LE, that I can use in my Naperville
talk next week?
Larry,
P&LE 5000-5999, Lot 774-B, built by Despatch Shops 3-49 can accurately
be modeled with the BT kits. However, I don't believe that BT produced
any P&LE kits.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins