From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2010 10:44 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Branchline Blueprint 40 ft postwar AAR boxcar

Ed,

I didn't think that Branchline made a 40 ft overhanging diagonal panel
(ZU eave) roof. Did they? Jeff English once commented that this group of
P&LE cars were the first box cars on the NYC system with ODP roofs.

Tim O'Connor

Was the Branchline Blueprint 40 ft postwar AAR boxcar produced
lettered for P&LE?

Does anyone have a photo of a Branchline Blueprint 40 ft, 6 ft door,
postwar AAR boxcar, lettered for P&LE, that I can use in my Naperville
talk next week?
Larry,
P&LE 5000-5999, Lot 774-B, built by Despatch Shops 3-49 can accurately
be modeled with the BT kits. However, I don't believe that BT produced
any P&LE kits.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins