From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2010 1:38 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Branchline Blueprint 40 ft postwar AAR boxcar

Rich, I think all of the roofs for the 40' cars are in one mold. This
was how they could cost-effectively give you all of the roof and other
options in an undec kit. A new mold would greatly increase costs, not
just the mold itself but also manufacturing cost.

Tim O'Connor

Tim,

Branchline had not made the 40 ft overhanging roof. They do have a 50 ft
overhanging roof from which 10 ft can be removed. I have been hounding them for
at least the last 3 years to make the 40 ft. With the interchangeable ends and
sides they currently have, this roof would provide a number of additional
configurations they could market for a relatively small investment in one die.

Rich Orr